Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Accomplish




      Sunday was one of the most productive days I’ve had in a while and it felt awesome :) It started out with the best Husband in the world making us breakfast and coffee. We made a plan of attack for the day while chowing down, cleaned up and got to work.
     James tackled concluding organization of the basement, and cleaning cars- while I cleaned the house.. So 1940’s of me! What you don’t know is that I get tunnel vision while cleaning- one minute I’m innocently vacuuming and the next I’m scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees (yup that really happened- but the floors looked amazing.. for about 3 minutes.. until my boys trekked over it with muddy paws- husband included ;)
     After showers and a quick snack
                  
   We headed out to HomeDepot- besides spending a crap load of money, since you can never leave that place without buying a bunch of stuff that you “need” for your house- I scoped out all of the amazing orchids 
    and we ran into a guy James used to work with and hadn’t seen in over 4 years.. We didn’t leave there until almost 3 (we were there for at least 4 hours!) After finally eating lunch, we got back to work- I gave my poor neglected houseplants some love and new soil and also potted some herbs for the summer! 
    Typing it out now, it doesn’t seem like a whole lot.. but I was exhausted and I’m totally counting scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees a workout because man my back hurt! 

     Monday morning back at the gym.. Paula and I were warming up on the treadmill- asking me what the plan was for the day.. All I knew was that I was start to get stir crazy and I wanted  Needed to lift some weights- all that damn cardio will make your brain melt I tell ya.. Fortunately Paula was feeling the same way and practically did the heel click off the treadmill… 
    I realize that your probably wondering what the hell I’m doing lifting anything with my shoulder.. but I’m stubborn and a bit stupid at times, I admit it.. however, the shoulder has been feeling a bit better- I’ve been icing and taping- and it seems to be calming down.. But I did take it SUPER easy with the weights and honestly I felt pretty good. 

Summer Shred (Shareitfitness.com) day 3
4x 6-8 unless otherwise noted
  • Lat Pull downs 
  • Bent over barbell row
  • Wide grip pulldowns (40 total reps)
  • Close grip row
  • hammer curls
  • single arm DB rows
  • Close grip Pull downs 3x10
  • Incline DB curls
  The weights I used were so pathetic I didn’t even keep track- hah.
           I spent the rest of the day studying until it was time to teach-  I took them through Saturdays workout- and they were tomato faces upon completion- my favorite :) The rest of the night was dinner and hanging out at a friends house with this little guy

His name is Dobby- like Harry Potter :)

    This morning I had one mission and one mission only.. Take this mutt for a walk like I’ve promised him for 2 days.. 
It’s like a magic eye- if you squint really hard you can see his head- trick is to just look at the bone he was holding in his mouth and then you can fill in the rest of him with you imagination, hah. 

- But first Mommy had to get to the gym..  We did 30 minutes of running and some intervals on the treadmill, all totally random and on the fly.. It was new for us to do cardio first but Paula’s doctor suggested it might be more beneficial for her to give it a try.. Once we were both super gross and sweaty we got to some leg work- based on the same workout we did last week.. 

Leggin’s (All exercises 4x 8 reps unless otherwise noted)
  • Barbell squats----- 170 lbs
  • Barbell Deadlifts---- 60 lbs
  • Single Leg Deadlifts--25 lbs
  • Leg Press---- 200 lb.
  • Goblet Squats---- 60 lbs
  • 4x25 crunches
  • 4x12 Leg raises on Roman Chair

Maybe it was the cardio done first that did it- but we were both super gross and sweaty, yuck.. But I had a job to do.. as soon as I walked in the door I got Hydro and walked around the “hood” for a half hour.. which got my legs stretched back out.. and I couldn’t wait to peel my gross clothes off and shower! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment