Saturday, April 21, 2012

Keep on keeping on..

     Apparently I’ve been spacing out when it comes to checking in. In all honesty- I’ve been in a ton of pain over here, but the plus side is that I finally ran out of the pink KT tape and was able to switch it up with some purple!
  Ok maybe that isn’t that much of a plus- but its the small things. I went to work on Wednesday because my doctors note ran out and I needed the money anyway… That was a huge mistake.. I’m pretty sure it is just getting progressively worse as the days go on. Teaching on Thursday was a disaster- two new students.. that I couldn’t demo to but tried to anyway with one arm- and definitely over did it..  I’m not sleeping well, I can’t really do a whole lot at the gym except cardio, and trying to get into an orthopedic has been a nightmare- I still don’t have an appointment, BOO!
    As I said- workouts have been pretty lame over here. Between the shoulder and Paula’s doctor telling her she needed to do more cardio, less weights- we have been trying not to bore ourselves to death while running intervals, and doing the Arc Trainer. However we did get out on the bike path Friday morning- I rollerbladed and Paula biked.  This morning I needed to do some kind of circuit so I made one up on the fly.. Keep in mind everything had to be lower body or abs- so I just had to work with what I could:

Repeated 2x with no rest

  • High Knees- 50 reps
  • Jump Squats- 20 reps
  • Decline Crunch- 20 reps
  • Leg lifts- 20 reps
  • Jump lunges- 20 reps
  • Reverse Crunch- 20 reps
  • Toe Touches- 20 reps
  • In/Out/Up jumps- 20 reps
    It felt good to get a good sweat on :) We finished off with 30 minutes on the treadmill- cycling through- 3 minutes@ 7.5/ 2 mins@ 3.5… Not too shabby!
    I did have to go to work again- and it was ROUGH.. my shoulder feels like its burning..  but the plus side is I talked to my boss and told her I will not be able to work tomorrow or Sunday’s for a while because there is no way I can do two shifts back to back- at least not at this point.. So I’m down to Wednesday and Saturday- which I figure gives me enough time to “recover” or pretend I’m better between shifts..

I’ll leave you with some photos from the weekend so far:



Just hanging out in the car with coffee and feet 


                       Christmas Tree burning- started out slow…...
Quickly turned intense!

                                             Sweet potato crinkles :) - Mustard is way better for dipping!


2 comments:

  1. sometimes that's the best we can do, work with what we got and be thankful. right?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is- and learning to make the most of what you’ve got and/or realizing your potential is a lesson in itself! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete