Tuesday, July 9, 2013

No excuses

Do you remember a couple months back when I told you I signed up for two more 1/2 Marathons
At the time, it seemed like a great idea.. I would have two more chances to make my time goal and all the training would be a great distraction from all the transitions going on in my life. 
Sure..
That COULD have been the case. If I actually followed a training plan, or did any sort of consistent running at all. (I didn’t run AT ALL for 2 weeks straight, oops!) 

Life happened 

Like heavy, completely turn your world upside-down shit..

Unfortunately, I don’t have the best coping mechanisms in place to deal with these things. I wish I could tell you that I pressed on… Hitting the gym like it was my job (it kind of is, or was) Running and training like a maniac. Eating super clean and getting lots of much needed rest, to help deal with the emotional raping. 

But instead

I ate lots and lots of amazingly delicious junk food (like pints of Ben & Jerry’s, Candy, Pancakes, Waffles, chips…) Drank a lot.. Smoked.. Didn’t go to the gym at all ( I didn’t run for 2 weeks straight and I have yet to go to the gym- unless you want to count the one time I went to run on the treadmill for 5 miles- and I have done 1.. count it.. ONE workout at home) 
And I haven’t really slept a whole lot or all that well either. 
Oh, and I have a double shin splint and knee pain in the same leg.. KT take and I are about to rekindle our BFF relationship.

I’m on a roll.. 
When I commit to something, I go at it.. Balls to the Wall. 
Whether it’s training hard, or slacking hard.

I’m not proud of it…

Normally, I pride myself in the level of self-disciple and dedication I  have. In reality, its something that comes naturally to me- my daily coping mechanism.  But things have been crazy, and I along with them. 

So.. My second race is 3 days away, and suddenly lack of training and self care all seems like it was a terrible mistake. Well, obviously Coco… 
But, there is nothing I can do about it now.. except suck it up, deal with the consequences of my actions  and make shit happen. 
I signed up for this race, and there are no excuses… I’ll finish it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment