Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WO+ Recipe Fail

   I made it back to the gym this morning, I had planned to run 5 miles… But I thought it would be a good idea to do some lifting too. While I’ve done quite a bit of upper body lifting, the lower body has been non-existent.. I haven’t really figured out the balance between training for a race, lifting, and teaching. As a result, I’ve skipped out on my strength training quite a bit.

    I did sets of squats, split squats, deadlifts, and single leg-deadlifts.. then headed to the treadmill.. after 10 minutes, I was bored and really not feeling the run.. So I thought I would run some sprints.. yeah that didn’t really work either.. in all I was on the treadmill for 20 minutes. 
   I came home ready for a banana bread GF pancake, but I was out of bananas… after scrounging around the cabinets I found some unsweetened applesauce- I figured it would work the same
   Haha I was VERY wrong! It looked like a pancake until I attempted to flip it, then it just fell apart. I just went with it and “scrambled” it up.. It reminded me of oat bran, pretty darn good! I’m going to work on it and get back to you.. it might be destined to be oat bran like!
    Some errands were on the agenda. Before I knew it I was hungry again. We are in desperate need of a grocery trip..  but I was able to dig up a bag of edamame out of the depths of the freezer and green beans along with some un-pictured rice
Not the most exciting meal- But it did the trick. 
    I did some office work, made soup for dinner, and taught yoga. 



No comments:

Post a Comment