Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Photo Dump

HEY-O! What’s going down? Hope you all enjoyed the weekend as much as I did! 
    It started out with a super rushed pack job to get ready for a camping trip

   Our friends bought a camper this year, which means we not only get to go camping and hang out with them, but we have BEDS to sleep on, stoves to cook on and a refrigerator to keep everything cold :) along with the s’mores, and campfires. So I tossed everything together hoping I wasn’t forgetting anything until James came home early from work. Our friends picked us up and we started the LONG drive to Gunstock, NH.. The drive is normally only 2 1/2 hours but with all the traffic it took us over 5 hours.. I had plenty to keep me busy though
   I was so happy to get out of the car and set everything up. We didn’t really do a whole lot more than hang out Friday night by the fire and relax it up, which was perfect.
    We woke up around 8 on Saturday morning (Wow it was nice to sleep in!) We drank lots of coffee, had a great breakfast, and showered for the day
    And then we headed out for the day. The campground was hosting a craft fair so we decided to check that out and head to the top of the mountain

    I’ve never been skiing, so it was my first ride on a chair lift.. I’d be lying if I said I was totally comfortable.. I was definitely a bit nervous


    Though I did manage a smile with my husband in his goofy hat..

     And I was really excited to get to the top, for sure!
    You can pay to take the lift to the top and ride back down, but we decided to hike down, which was amazing..



  My hubs is such a clown! Before heading back to the camp site, we watched and later snacked on the most amazing kettle corn..

      I decided to use the time before grilling up dinner to catch up on more reading and a little afternoon lemonade ;)
     Since we kind of skipped lunch, we ate pretty early and decided to go mini golfing. I hadn’t been in a LONG time and my score showed.. I lost.. bad.. Like the course was par 40 and I got 57. hah





     Sunday morning started the same, though a bit earlier.. We needed time to pack everything up and get ready. We took a Segway tour around the mountain and woods which was a whole lot of fun.. I don’t have pics yet unfortunately- but should have some soon! Seriously, riding those things is actually way harder than it looks! 
   
    We  unpacked, and cleaned up a bit and caught up with the puppies. I was perfectly ready for sleep, but my body had other ideas and I couldn’t get to sleep until after midnight. Over all it was a great and busy weekend!

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment