Tuesday, May 8, 2012

WO + Foods + Certification


Today- Morning WO
10 minutes @ 3.5 warm up
Bent Over BB Row 3x15 @ 40lbs
Cable Row 3x15 @ 55lbs
Pull ups 3x15 w/ 25 lbs assistance 
BB Preacher Curls 3x15 @ 20lbs (2 sets) @ 30lbs (1 set)
DB Pullovers 3x15 @ 20lbs
Close Grip Pulldowns 3x15 @ 55lbs
DB Curls 3x15 @ 15lbs 
10 minutes @ 3.5 cool down 

    For the last few days I’ve been out of Flaxseed oil- meaning my post-wo smoothies have been bumming me out. The first day out, I tried to add coconut oil- which turned into chunky wax clumps.. but today I got smarter


   I had half an avocado kicking around and tossed it in along with blueberries, and chocolate whey- seriously super smooth and creamy, and I enjoyed every single drop..  If you’ve never added that green goodness to a smoothie, you need to.. seriously.

       This afternoon and dinner was interrupted by a must have CPR/AED/First Aid certification.. I was in the area for a whole 2 hours before the class started, so I took that time to roam around Wholefoods for some food and to replenish my flax oil deficiency. Dinner (or I should say a snack since I housed some kale salad and yogurt as soon as I got home- starved)
    My favorite part was the coconut water for sure.. I’ve been addicted.
    The training was from 5-10PM. I was not looking forward to sitting around for 5 hours, but thankfully the teacher, Kevin, was awesome… There were only 3 of us and we had a blast the whole time..  got out 1/2 hour early- and I’m now officially certified (or re-certified since it’s not actually the first time I’ve taken it but it was over 5 years ago) 

Are you certified in CPR/AED/First Aid? 
If so, have you ever had to use it?


No comments:

Post a Comment