Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 2 LiveFit

   James is back to Boston for work- he’s up at 3:45 and out by 4:30- which means there is no more morning coffee time, boo! Usually I’ll feel him leave or hear the alarm clock go off, but I must have been so wiped from my late night workout I didn’t feel a thing. I woke up, made some coffee and caught up on some blogs before deciding that I would push the gym until after work. Instead I rocked out some yoga and handstanding..
   The gym was packed again when I showed up at 3pm. Luckily I didn’t have any trouble hitting the weights or machines. Just like yesterday my muscles were getting fatigued and shaking… I’m not sure why it seems like the workouts are so much more intense than my workouts in the past- I’m thinking it has something to do with the fact that I’m only resting for 1 minute between sets.. I have a great system for my rest intervals.. I have been bringing my Ipad with my workouts typed out in Quick Note- and play Blitzed during my rest (the game is exactly 1 minute so its perfect!) At this point my upper body is pretty wrecked between the LiveFit workouts and the handstanding, so I’m looking forward to lower body workouts for the rest of the week…
 
Let’s Confess
    I have ADD- I was tested when I was 16 years old because I wasn’t doing well in school. I remember that the tests took forever; Lots and lots of IQ tests, memory challenges and even some drawing. At the time I was against taking any medication once I was diagnosed- In fact I never did anything to deal with it. I just went on with my everyday life. I never thought about it until Stacy brought it up yesterday during our session. She thinks it might be a good idea for me to get some treatment for it- which will help move forward and take the steps I need to, to work towards my goals. As much as I don’t like taking meds- I think I agree with her.. And if it’s going to make things more clear- its worth a try. The good thing is that meds (usually Adderall) take effect immediately and if for some reason they don’t agree with me- then I just don’t take them again.. Simple as that! I’ve thought a lot about it since we talked about it and I will be looking into getting the meds this week.

Do you or anyone you know have any experience with ADD meds? Or any other treatments?

No comments:

Post a Comment