Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Protein cakes.. semi fail :/

    You may remember the bananacot pancakes that I made a while back- well I wanted to make them with some protein powder included to see if they would still be as good. I doubled the recipe so that James could also try some:


I didn’t have any bananas but I did have two kinds of protein- so I added a scoop of Cookies and Cream and a scoop of Chocolate into the mix with 2 tablespoon of ground flax seed (I’m trying to up my fiber intake these days) because it was really thick I also added half a cup of whole milk to give it more of a pancake batter consistency.. Verdict? They had a good taste but the texture was off due to the powders. I have to do more experiments with 1 scoop of powder instead. I still ate 3 of them by the way :) The stats were pretty good too: 107 calories per cake with 11 grams of protein!
   I have a little while longer to enjoy the morning and lots of coffee before I head off to work.. I’m totally bummed about the lack of weekend- and the fact that I’m going to have to work on Thanksgiving- possibly black friday too.. But I keep thinking about paying off my credit card (which I am totally doing this month, woohoo!!) and doing the finishing touches on the kitchen finally.. James finished framing the window and we bought the hardware for the cabinets..
   I’m going to squeeze in some yoga before work- have a good Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment