Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Banancot Pancakes

    I’ve been getting a bit bored with my bowls of Oats for breakfast- but since it’s cold outside I don’t want to eat a cold bowl of yogurt either.. I don’t have bread- so toast is out.. As I started at my oats and water in the pan- I knew that it wasn’t what I wanted to eat.. I didn’t want to waste the oats- and then it hit me.. I have my fancy new personal blender.. Lets blend it! I drained all of the water and started all over. 

    Ah.. Much better..  Banancot Pancakes were born..

Banancot Pancakes- Serves 1
1/2 c Old fashioned rolled oats
1/4 c Low fat cottage cheese (My favorite and what I used- Daisy 2%)
1 egg white
2 inch Nub of Banana
1 T Unsweetened shredded coconut
cinnamon to taste

    Blend until smooth- and cook just like any other pancakes! Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and banana slices..

Not only are they super easy and yummy- they happen to be gluten free :)

 350 Calories; 17g Protein.. Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment