Tuesday, March 4, 2014

All of my time..

Hey, remember me?  
I started going back to school, so January and most of February was spent with this handsome hunk of plastic. 

As it turns out, the human body is complicated… or at the very least has a whole lot of bones with bumps and processes with funny and extremely long latin/greek names that I have to remember. And lets not forget the muscles and nerves… Oh boy, March should be fun! 
I have spent at least 30-40 hours a week studying this stuff, and it has been amazing. (And paying off)
 (My first quiz on Latin and Greek root words- I got a perfect score!)
 I have to say, I’m pretty proud of myself… This course is NOT easy. Add to the fact that I’ve never truly studied anything in my life and let alone put everything I had into a class. Let’s just say that my only method of studying is writing, and re-writing things.. Oh and drawing of course.
 I’m starting to feel personally responsible for killing the rainforest with the amount of paper I’m going through. 
 Then there was the introduction of our new friends.. 

 Aren’t they so cute? 
I thought I wasn’t going to be able to handle sticking my hands into a dead cat.. but it is surprisingly interesting.. and I really just love everything about this class and being a geek. This is a typical scene here.. Who uses a kitchen to eat these days anyway?
 Well there was this one time.. 
 If you can’t tell.. that’s a burger with bacon and an egg over the top.. Protein bomb anyone? Who eats their burgers without those two things? No one in their right mind.. 

There really hasn’t been a whole lot of time for anything else.. Sometimes there is sleep and snuggles with the mutt
 Sometimes (about 3-4 times a week) there are workouts
 But in the end, anatomy has been my life.. In a class where 45% of the students are failing (words straight from the professors mouth) I have managed to get to Mid-term with an A! 
 Now lets hope that I keep it going..

In other news, Tuna-moose went to the vet yesterday. Looks like they suspect more intense food allergies than we suspected.. so now I get to buy an $80 bag of dog food- a super fancy hypo-allergenic  prescription food- to do an elimination diet for at least a month to see if there is any improvement in his condition. He scratches and rubs the shit out of his face and ears, which lately has gotten worse.. I’m talking, almost no whiskers or eyebrows! Hopefully it is the culprit, at which point, we will start re-introducing foods to him. 
For now he will just get some snuggles.
That always helps us both feel better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment