Monday, April 22, 2013

New job+ 8milers+ Ice bathing

 Happy Monday Morning! 
I’m happy to report that I am coming off an excellent night’s sleep and currently snuggling with these silly mutts
 Cuddling refers to constantly being stepped on and over while they do whatever they want.
This weekend was full and busy. I started my new job on Friday, my very first shift was a double and while it was an extremely long day (10am-10pm) I am happy to report that I love it so far! 
This restaurant is a Seafood marketplace/bar/bistro. I will be waitressing but also learning the bar and marketplace also which is pretty exciting since it will give me some variety. Plus I get to eat super high quality seafood :)  I learned that I’m a natural at skinning fish.. I did it perfect my very first time- it’s like a weird talent or something. 
I worked Saturday too, but just 10-4, so James and I went out for sushi. We also rented a movie, but I was so exhausted I fell asleep 5 minutes into it. I’m such a party animal.

Sunday was all about running- I had an 8 miler on the schedule. I’ll be honest my legs were already pretty tired from standing for 18 hours this weekend, but I figured they would feel better once I started
Plus, I got to use my brand new compression socks that I just bought from Procompression which felt awesome. I filled my camelbak, grabbed some fuel and was on my way. It ended up being a beautiful day and I finished the 8 miles in 1:13 (which included a pit stop back to the car and another one at Wholefoods to use the bathroom- why do I always have to pee 5 minutes into my runs?!) 
I came home and made a big bowl of scrambled eggs with broccoli, onion and cheddar doused in hot sauce of course, and then did my best to not fall asleep on the couch. I finally convinced myself to get up and stretch a half hour later and jumped into an ice bath right afterwards.  
 It honestly wasn’t too bad this second time around, dare I say, I actually enjoyed it! Plus James promised me a special treat if I was ice bathing when he got home- which ended up being a one pump mocha latte from Starbucks ;) And Tuna kept me laughing for most of it too
 I had given him his first piece of ice before I threw the rest of it in the tub and apparently he loved it. He kept jumping on the side and shoving his nose in the water trying to fish out more and ended up making nose bubbles and almost fell in a bunch
It was a good laugh! 
After 20 minutes, I got out and bundled up and read for a bit. Once I had most of the feeling back in my lower half I showered finally. 
James and I are starting in a volleyball league this Tuesday so we met up with some of our team members to hit the ball around. I was less than enthusiastic about chasing the ball (we aren’t exactly professional players! hah) but it was fun anyway! 


No comments:

Post a Comment