Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Paleo Oats-Oats+ packed lunch

Breakfast yesterday was part creativity and part “even though I went shopping twice last week we still have very limited food options left” I don’t know man- I can’t handle the cost of food. I’m either going to need another job or to maybe half my portions.. Maybe some intermittent fasting? I’m open for ideas. It doesn’t help that the restaurant is so slow I walked out with $30 after a full shift. I could have bigger problems though.. I am thankful that I at least have a job. 
I love eating the way we have been- but I’ll be honest, brown rice, beans and oatmeal are a whole lot cheaper than wild caught fish and organic salad fixings. Sorry, I had to get that out.. Moving on to breakfast
Paleo Oats-Oats

1 Cup riced cauliflower (about 1/4 of a large head)
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup milk (you could use coconut or almond- but all I had was whole dairy)
1 1/2T flaked coconut
1/2 banana, cut into thin slices
2 whole eggs- whisked

How To:
 Grate Cauliflower with a box grater, or food processor
Combine cauliflower, water, milk, coconut and banana in a small saucepan over medium heat. 
Bring to a low boil- for 10 minutes- stir often and break up banana slices..
After 10 minutes, remove from heat, adding in whisked eggs. (I really used some fluffing muscle action here!)
Now it’s time to add your toppings!

I used:
1/2 Tbsp Kerrygold butter
Almond butter
other half of banana sliced
1/2-1 Tbsp honey
cinnamon and salt to taste

Ok, so now your thinking- there is no way this tastes like oats.. Actually it totally does! And even better, you can’t taste the cauliflower! This kept me full for hours plus, Veggies added to my breakfast= WIN

Tuesdays are always run day, which works out well with my work schedule- I don’t have to be there until 10 so I have plenty of time. It was quick- just 2 miles- and I was back home.
I packed my lunch for work right away
Spring mix, tomato, carrots, cucumbers, half an avocado, raw pumpkin seeds and Sardines.
Lunch was the highlight of the workday.. believe me.
I ended the night with a PT client, wine, and dinner- while catching up with the Gilmore Girls

Today is my favorite day of the month- Massage day! Nothing says a good day like much needed deep tissue work <3 nbsp="" p="">
So I told you guys last time that I really love my massage therapist Jess- and today I love her even more.. She asked me about doing a little bartering- I’ll give her Thai massage and she’ll give me regular massage.. No money needed.. While I haven’t given a Thai massage for a bit and I’ll need to brush up in the next couple weeks (Read- James gets a couple free massages) I’m super pumped up about our new deal. 
Before heading out I made a killer omelet for breakfast
Two eggs cooked in Tropical Traditions coconut oil
Stuffed with Mozzarella and spinach
Topped with 1/2 an Avocado and a good blanket of Franks Hot Sauce

I tried working out- but I just wasn’t feeling it. I have slept a total of 12 hours over the last 3 nights, so I’m not stressing it. Plus I teach yoga tonight- built in workout! 


No comments:

Post a Comment