Monday, December 31, 2012

WOs +Half Marathon +Happy New Year!

    Getting back to the gym is rewarding. Especially when you do a workout and your still sore days later.

Wednesday- Leg day
-Leg press drop set
15@200lbs
12@230lbs
8@240lbs
6@250
- Pull ups (3 sets AMRAP)- 6, 4, 2.5
- Deadlifts @60lbs 3x25
-SuperSet Pushups/ Goblet Squats (50lbs)
-Lunge back & knee up 30xAlternating
-Pistols 2x5 each leg (I LOVE pistols.. so challenging!)

Friday- Upper body
-First set (run through 3 times (12 reps each exercise) before moving to the next)
Bicep curls 15 lbs
Front & Side Raise 12.5 lbs
Push ups

-Second Set
Bench press 40lbs
DB pull over 25lbs
Triceps bench dips

-Third Set
Cable cross over 15lbs
Opposite arm leg extensions
Cable cross chops

Finished off with some treadmill sprints

Sunday
   I went to work and got sent home 20 minutes later.. It was the first Sunday I’ve had in a while without work! I wasn't really planning on working out, but suddenly I got some motivation and went for a run.
      There is going to be a lot more running around here because I just signed up for my FIRST HALF MARATHON! 
I can’t begin to tell you how excited and terrified I am. The farthest I’ve ever run is 7 miles so I most definitely have some work to do!

Monday (Last workout of 2012!)
   Paula and I met for a workout finally. We kept it pretty short and sweet- but it was nice to have my gym buddy back!
-Goblet Squats with reverse lunge- 15 each leg
-Slow Mountain Climbers- 30 reps
- Front Lunge with knee ups- 10 alternating sides
-Alternating one leg push-ups- 10 reps
-Plank Jacks- 20 reps
- Jump Squats- 10 reps
Super Set- Triceps push down/ Triceps push up
-Triceps dips- 3x12 reps

   As the year comes to a close, I am more than excited to get cracking on the fun stuff coming in 2013. Half marathon training and race, Planning a two week long road trip along historic Rt. 66 to the Grand Canyon (June!) and with good fortune more teaching spots and travel- along with more consistent blogging!
   Happy New year friends!

What are you looking forward to in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment