Monday, April 30, 2012

WO catch-up + Weekend Recap + DD

     Hey guys, how are you this Monday morning? It’s going good over here… maybe a bit slower than I would like- but I worked all weekend so I can be a bit lax for a while before kicking into gear. Lets get caught up on workouts since last check in:

Thursday (Shareitfitness.com Summer Shred)

  • Bench Press 4x8 @50
  • Incline DB Press 4x8 @25
  • Clean and Press 4x8 @50
  • Incline DB Flys 4x8 @20
  • Barbell Upright Row 4x8 @50
  • Skull Crusher 3x10 @30
  • Bench Dips 4x10
   There was also some kind of cardio- I can’t remember what it was, but I’m pretty sure it was 30 minutes of some kind of intervals..

Friday

480 Workout- From Naomi @ Onefitfoodie.com - this workout kicked my ass and it needs to be shared!

  • Pushups
  • Squats
  • Squat Jumps
  • Burpees
  • Floor Jacks
  • High Plank Shoulder Taps
  • Jump Lunges
  • Narrow Pushups
   Starting with 2 reps per exercise, then 4, 6, 8, 10, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2- without rest between rounds.. for time. We completed it in 29 minutes- super sweaty mess!

Saturday
   
   30 minutes of cardio and slapped together workout:

Core Burner

  • Back Extensions 4x10 w/25lb plate
  • Oblique Extension/Crunch 4x10 each side w/10lb plate
  • Single Leg Raise Kick Switches 4x20 
  • Russian Twist w/25lb plate 1x50 non-stop (Holy Moly!)
  • Plank Holds 5x1 minute 
Monday (Shareitfitness.com Summer Shred)

  • Bent over BB Row 4x8 @50
  • Wide-Grip Pull-ups 50 reps in as few sets possible
  • Cable Row 4x8 @70
  • DB Preacher Curls 4x8 each arm @12.5 
  • DB pullovers 3x8 @25
  •  Close Grip Pulldown 3x10 @70
  • Incline DB curls 3x6 @15
30 minutes cardio (10 min warmup + 15 min intervals 1 min sprint/ 1 min walk + 5 min cool down)

   Phew- Glad to get that out of the way.. Things have been pretty busy over here, powered mostly by
    Friday night was low-key. We had a few friends over for grilled pizza and drinks before heading out to a local dive bar for some dart playing
     James is pretty serious about it and plays on a league. In fact back when we started dating, (I was 17) I was the self appointed team mascot.. I used to sneak into the bars each week so I could cheer them on and hang out with the guys- It was always a great time. James took a few years off after our friend (former team captain who was like a big brother to me and shared my birthday) chose to end his life. It didn’t feel right to play for a long time, almost 5 years. James decided to get back in the game this year- so he's been playing and practicing and he’s happy to be back in the mix. 
     After work Saturday, James and I went to Providence to walk around for a couple hours. I may have convinced dragged him to finally buy some Toms!
   I kind of love them already and have only taken them off my feet for sleep, work and gym time.. amazing- why did I wait so long?!
   Afterwards there was 

AND
That right there is a grilled cheese made in a Mountain Pie Maker
A mountain pie maker is a campfire cooker.. it is seriously the best way to have a grilled cheese, or any camp food for that matter. The possibilities are endless- whatever you can slap between two pieces of bread can be a mountain pie. Think apple pie, smoores, ham and cheese, spinach and cheese, pizza style- James and I have the same one my parents and I used when I was a kid- its a least 15 years old.. I have made a whole lot of them in my life! I recommend getting one :)

    Sunday was more work and an afternoon cookout. When we got home we started to rip out the crazy over-grown vines that also have a great deal of poison ivy intertwined with them. I’m pretty sure I scrubbed the crap out of my skin with the poison ivy soap in hopes that I don’t get it all over my body- especially my face- since I was smacked in the face more than once with the stuff and definitely rubbed my hands in my face too.  Fingers cross!

DD (dog of the day)
    Say hi to Sam! He lives with our friends Scott and Laura- his age is a mystery because he was adopted but they are pretty sure he’s somewhere between 6 and 9- and he is at least part Viszla..    

What did your weekend and workouts look like?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment