Monday, March 5, 2012

Upgrading my wedding band, stretching..

    I’ll be honest, I didn’t stretch and foam roll another two time yesterday- I did it once, and 50% is still pretty good after a day of work and running around with James when he got home from work. We grabbed a coffee at Starbucks and headed to the mall. I’m not usually a fan of the mall- but I needed to bring my wedding band to be resized… again. 
      The thing is, I got married when I was 21 years old- 5 years in July!- and when we bought our wedding rings all I wanted was a simple thick band. I didn’t care about diamonds or having anything super girly- I just wanted us to have the same bands. I got my wish and never took it off until we separated last May. When James and I got back together and I moved back home in November I put my rings back on. Well over the course of those 6 1/2-7 months my finger got fatter and my rings were tight and uncomfortable- which was when I resized the wedding band- only half a size (I kept the solitaire the same size because it’s a much thinner band and it slid on and off much easier- plus the sales lady told me that I should keep it the way that it was so I wouldn’t lose it.) 
    During the two weeks that I was without my wedding band while they sized it, wearing only the solitaire, I started to see that the wedding band was really taking away from the beauty of my engagement ring instead of enhancing it. So after a lot of talking it over (our bands really have a lot of sentimental value and James really wanted us to keep the same ones) and a suggestion from a friend I finally figured out what I would do. I am having the band resized to fit my middle finger on my right hand (so I still always have it with me) and wearing the solitaire alone until I find a band that I like. (Best of both worlds!) 
    While we were at the mall we went around and I tried some on- and then last night when I couldn’t sleep (I woke up at 12:30!) I searched online a bit.. Here are a few that I like:

14K White Gold ½ Carat t.w. Diamond Wedding Band     14K White Gold 3/8 Carat t.w. Diamond Wedding Band
This is what my solitaire looks like:
Super Value! 14K White Gold 3/8 Carat Diamond Solitaire I’m not sure what changed in 5 years.. but I totally want to be super girly and have a sparkly band! 

Moving on….. 
    Todays workout was legs which made me a bit nervous. I didn’t know how my boo boo was going to handle it since it is still very sensitive to the touch and foam rolling it makes me scream. James made me heat, ice and Tiger Balm it last night, but I still woke up feeling the same. Because I’m a klutz I had a knee brace lying around from a previous injury- so after a bit of foam rolling I slapped that bad boy on there and went to the gym. We walked to warm up for a little longer than usual- hoping that extra blood flow would help to loosen it up. Thankfully it didn’t cause too much discomfort and I pretty much did everything the same weight as last week, except for the walking lunges.. between walking, balancing and weight on your shoulders.. it just seemed like a bad idea- so I skipped the weight and did body weight instead. 
    First things first- I made myself stretch before I did anything.. I spent about 45 minutes stretching and foam rolling.. 



 I hate stretching.. it gets kind of boring when your sitting in “Log Stacking”pose (like sitting indian style but your shins are parallel to the front of your mat- stacked one on top of the other) MAJOR hip opener.. especially when you hold it for a long time..
    Finally I was able to have my smoothie- and just made it to the refueling window by 10 minutes… MMMM so good-
I was pretty excited about it!
   In todays blend:
1 scoop Isopure Strawberry and Cream
1 T flax seed oil
1 T Unsweetened shredded coconut
8 frozen Strawberries
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
      Blended until Wendy’s frosty consistency.. devoured in minutes..

Happy Monday People!
_____________________________________
Tell me about your wedding rings!

Which ring above to you prefer? Do you have any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment