Monday, February 13, 2012

Snackage, Day 43

Today’s post is brought to you by this amazing smoothie:

(1 scoop EAS chocolate whey protein, 4 frozen strawberries, 1/2 a banana, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp flax oil)
    I was feeling like I needed to switch up my smoothie, at least for 1 day… and since I had half of a banana left over from first breakfast (I swear I’m turning into a hobbit with the number of times I eat in a day) I thought I would throw her in there.. I was not disappointed- thats for sure. The banana added tons of thickness and an extra creamy texture, which filled me up after this challenging workout:


EXERCISE
 Set #1 
 Set #2 
 Set #3 
 Set #4 
 Narrow push-ups: 4 sets of 15 reps     
 Seated triceps press: 4 sets of 8 reps  3030 25 25 
 Superset: XXXXXXXX
 Cable one-arm triceps extensions: 3 sets of 8 reps  1010 10 XX
 One-arm reverse grip triceps pushdown: 3 sets of 8 reps  510 XX
 Superset: XXXXXXXX
 Skull-crushers: 3 sets of 8 reps  3030 30 XX
 Close-grip barbell bench press: 3 sets of 8 reps  30 30 30XX
 Incline Dumbbell curls: 4 sets of 8 reps  15 15 15 
 Alternating Dumbbell curls: 4 sets of 8 reps  2020 20  
 Barbell Curl 21s: 2 sets 21 reps  3030 XXXX
 Stability ball crunches: 3 sets of 25 reps    XX
 Jackknifes holding stability ball: 3 sets of 15 reps    XX
 Stability Ball reverse crunches (ball between feet): 3 sets of 15 reps    XX
 Cardio - 30 minutes medium intensity cardio (running, elliptical, step-mill, etc)  XXXXXX


This workout went on FOREVER.. seriously 2 hours in the gym is a bit much.. I start to get antsy and my mind is screaming at me to skip that cardio. Well we stuck it out and it was fine, but I went straight to Starbucks for a super large iced coffee, no ice (yes that means I had 32 ounces of caffeinated goodness which took me the entire morning and early afternoon to finish) 
    I opted to skip swimming today and do all of the house cleaning and errands I could. Now that the house is sparkling, laundry is line drying, and I restocked dog food and some groceries- I was able to focus on putting together something special for James.. I mean it is Valentines day tomorrow after all! (BTW it’s also my momma boy’s birthday tomorrow! The little fury guy is going to be 6, where did the time go?!)   
James and I usually make our cards because we are cheap, but its also more fun and personal that way! I got a collection of quotes off of the internet, wrote them with some pretty colors, and signed it with a personal message.. I also bought him a new leather wallet because the one that he has now needs to be retired, and since he’s a guy and doesn’t care, I had to take matters into my own hands..

And finally I have a little snack to share with you:

Just 3 ingredients, full of protein, super easy and filling (perfect for my pre-class teaching hold over till dinner)

Peanut butter honey dip
-1/2 cup Cottage cheese (I used Daisy 2%)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
-1/2-1 tsp honey
         Smush together and dip some apples in there.. I realize that there is no need for an actual recipe.. but I figured this makes my blog have some bling bling.

What are your Valentines day plans?
Do you make or buy your significant other a gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment