Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 36



EXERCISE

 Set #1 

 Set #2 

 Set #3 
 Wide grip overhand pull-ups: 3 sets of 10 reps  25 lbs 25 lbs 25 lbs
 Superset: XXXXXX
 Bent-over Barbell row: 3 sets of 8 reps  30 lbs 30 lbs 30 lbs
 Seated cable row: 3 sets of 8 reps  55 lbs 55 lbs 55 lbs
 Wide grip Lat Pull-down: 3 sets of 10 reps  75 lbs75 lbs 75 lbs 
 One-armed row: 3 sets of 8  25 lbs  25 lbs 25 lbs
 Hammer Strength Pull-downs: 3 sets of 10 reps / Subbed close grip pull up 6@25, 4@40 same same 
 Hyperextensions: 3 sets of 8 reps  BW BWBW 
 30 minute - medium intensity cardio (running, elliptical, step-mill) XXXX


Monday, Monday… Lala… la la la.. I stayed under the covers an extra 15 minutes this morning- which is weird because the last two nights I have slept a lot- but yet I’m still tired. I’ve been meaning to talk about supplements that I started to take as per Stacy’s orders. The purpose was to see if my lack of long sleeping sessions has to do with a shortage of some vitamins in my diet. So about a week ago I started to take some … I’m aware that you think I’m a child since I’m taking gummy vitamins and believe me I agree. However, it might all be in my head, but I haven’t forgotten to take them once! I like them because they don’t have that gross vitamin taste.. You know the one you burp up 2 hours after taking them? Yeah I don’t like that, and I don’t get it with these little chewies.. And then a couple nights ago I started taking Calcium, Magnesium, and B12 in addition to the multi vitamin. Both Calcium and Magnesium when deficient can led to insomnia- who knew?  B12 is good for your nervous system (of which Stacy thinks mine has been over taxed) So it could very well be in my head.. but I started taking them two days ago- and I’ve sleep A LOT for the last two days.. maybe its coincidence? Either way I don’t feel like it can hurt me and I’m going to give it at least a month to see if it is really helping.
     And finally I wanted to share my thoughts on a new protein that James and I bought.
 I’ve read about it.. I’ve seen other people around the blog world using it.. and I wanted a different flavor besides the chocolate and vanilla I have. First things first.. This stuff smells like baby formula.. it’s kind of off putting for me- and thankfully it doesn’t taste like it smells while your drinking it. We bought Strawberry- at almost $50 a bottle this stuff what a bit pricey for my taste, but in two scoops there is 210 calories and 50! grams of protein there is no carbs, no junk it seems like.. I never see myself using 2 scoops of this at a time so the 22 servings will be double for me. I’m not going to say that I love it because I don’t. I think it is pretty good and being the first strawberry protein I’ve ever had it is hard to compare it to anything else. My biggest complaint about it besides the cost is the after-taste. Unfortunately that baby formula smell shows back up after you drink the it in taste- and it kind of leaves a film in your mouth. Would I buy it again? Probably not.  It’s definitely not $50 good for me, but for someone like my friend Paula (who has to limit carb intake due to insulin resistance ) this is a great product. (Keep in mind that this is my own opinion and I didn’t get paid or getting anything free so you know it’s 100% real deal)
     Now its time to drag my ass to the pool for a swim and hot tub :)

No comments:

Post a Comment