Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend review + Monday!

     This weekend was filled up with a good amount of friend time- Friday night I hung out with Melinda, Shane and Ryan for a night in with a few drinks and some much needed chill/talk time. I don’t think I can ever get enough of that! They are really great friends- and I’m especially happy that Melinda and I have become close. We actually went to high school together but never hung out until last year- when our mutual friend Kristin suggested we all hang out. It turned out to be a great idea!! I actually see Melinda a whole lot more than Kristin because we live near one another- I’m living at her parents house in the in-law apartment, we work at the same yoga studio (She teaches pilates and kicks my ass) and Kristin is dating a boy who lives in MA so when she isn’t working she hanging with him :) Kristin always makes time for us though- we will have lunch of dinner, sometimes just hang out for a girls night.. It’s good stuff! Anyway we didn’t end up leaving Melinda’s until 2 am- and I had trouble sleeping.. and finally ended up falling asleep on the couch (mind you a tiny love seat couch) somewhere after 3am.
     Of course my body doesn’t believe in sleep- even when I’m a bit hung over and I was up at 7- with Melinda calling me up at 9 talking me into going to 9:30 pilates.. I so did NOT want to be there- but I was happy that I giggled and slacked my way through- I at least felt some what productive. Later on I met up with Paula and later with Jen who was visiting from Salem- and we grabbed some much needed coffee and caught up for a while before meeting up with some of Jen’s other friends for dinner at Greg’s… Can you believe I had never actually been there to eat? Of course we didn’t end up getting dessert since half of us at the table are dieting or trying to be healthy- but it was a great meal! From there we stopped and got some 6 packs and headed to the pond for a fire and boat ride to round out the night.
    Sunday morning I went on a rampage and deep cleaned the entire apartment.. For only living here for 3 weeks- let me tell you, it needed it! Thanks to living with a dog and not having a suitable vacuum cleaner.. But I got the job mostly done before James called to let me know he was on the way with the mattress. We ended up hanging out most of the day- I made some lunch for us and we had a good time. Things are looking up.. and even though we are taking things one day at a time- I’m hopeful that they are moving in the right direction.
   
    Since today is Monday I’m setting up for some new habits- and letting go of some crappy ones that I have picked up over the last few months. Number one to let go of… Smoking cigarettes- I talked about this before.. and I’m ashamed to say that I was weak and didn’t follow through with stopping this. Here’s the thing.. I’m not a “smoker” or maybe I’m just in denial about it- either way I’ll smoke around friends who smoke.. I’m that friend that just bums them and never has her own.. Yes I’ve bought 3 packs within the last 6 months.. mostly because I was super stressed and felt bad that I was smoking everyone else’s. Even now- I don’t really think about it at all when I’m alone or not around people who smoke.. but it’s just that social aspect- Well whatever.. it’s gross and I don’t want to do it.. so I’m done.
    Number 2- is really about looking at my diet. Yes I eat fairly well.. some might say that I’m super healthy.. but my relationship with food sucks- and I want it to be better. I want to be eating the right foods to support my other goals and I need to do something about this 10 or 15 lbs that my body just won’t let go of. So as of today.. I’m going to be more conscious about what and how much I’m putting in my body.
    Number 3- has to do with #2 because it’s all about working out.. So I’ve done cardio and yoga forever.. I haven’t really pushed any limits lately and I’m determined that the one thing that I haven’t been doing is strength training.. So I’m sucking it up and pushing the meat heads at the gym aside so I can make a food of myself with some free weights.
   Number 4- This is just a general life change.. I’m going to be a student! It’s not going to happen until next year- maybe the spring, though more likely the fall semester- but this girl has a mission.. It’s going to be awesome, and REALLY hard..
    EXERCISE SCIENCE!!! After a whole lot of thought about it and going back and forth between this and sports nutrition.. I feel like I want to definitely do this first- and if possible I might double major  in the sports nutrition, or just take it as a minor. URI offers it (which is only 30 mins from where I live- and I could get in-state tuition) So within the coming weeks I’m going to start looking for scholarships and talking to advisors about everything :) I kind of feel like a dork but I’m super excited about going to school for my BA.. Now it’s just finding a way to pay for it..

   So there you have it… I’m off to make dinner for James and I.. Stuffed mushrooms.. MMMM- Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment