Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Early start

 Morning all :) I’m trying to get on some type of schedule- obviously not with blogging since I’m all over the place with my posts, but just in general. This morning I had the alarm set for 7 and got out of bed at 7:10, not too bad! First things first, get that coffee on and try to figure out what I’m having for breakfast- since I’m out of my usual yogurt :( Fortunately I had purchased some a bag of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten free pancake mix! I made one batch and added 1/2 each of frozen blueberries and raspberries and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with how yummy these were! Usually I don’t eat pancakes because they don’t keep me full for very long (unless I eat a butt load of them and feel like a fatty) It took me about an hour to get everything made but it was totally worth it. I topped two pancakes with Almond Butter and went to town- along with a hard boiled egg, and I’m full :) I will definitely enjoy the leftover cakes throughout the days to come..
   With coffee and cakes/egg in my tummy I was ready to practice some yoga. It’s been a little while because I was moving last week.. I only did yoga twice. That’s unacceptable! This morning was my first practice in the apartment and it was a pretty good one. I focused on lots of inversions as always- included forearm stand, head stand, and of course my all time favorite- handstand. In total my practice lasted about 40 minutes, which isn’t too bad in my eyes. Usually I don’t practice any longer than an hour in my home practice because lets face it- when your home things can get distracting.. I start to think about all the things I have to do in the day that lies ahead and its so much easier to just cut short my mat time. I don’t judge the amount of time that I spend on the mat and think that I should stay longer or work harder- most importantly I just want to get on the mat at least 5 times a week, and that can be for 10 minutes.. but it just important to get yourself on that mat. I don’t care if you do 5 sun salutes and call it a day… it’s still a yoga practice and you are creating a pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment