Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mid week- what do you have to show for yourself?

    Can you believe it’s Wednesday? Nope- I really can’t. Seems like the days, weeks and months are just flying by. I realized this a few minutes ago while looking at my calendar., I have just 3 weeks until I head to San Diego for my TT! I’m excited and stressed at the same time. There are still so many things that I feel like I have to accomplish before May 19- which is the day that I will be driving to Delaware to meet up with friends so I can hang at there house before flying with them on May 20. I have to get all of my gear together- including some hiking shoes/clothing and ankle brace- all of which I still have to buy. I have to give my two weeks at Denny’s- Oh my god I can’t believe it’s so close- I just can’t wait to be done with waitressing!!! I have to find a new job for when I return from training- get all of my bills in order (I’m the money manager in the family, which I’m really great at- but seeing as I’ll be gone for close to two weeks without a computer and very limited internet access with my phone- things need to be set) And make sure I go grocery shopping and stock up the fridge and freezer with meals for the husband. 3 weeks seems like plenty of time, but really I think it’s going to be a race to the finish.
     These days I’m running on lots of coffee and hopped up on adrenaline from my workouts. I’m happy to report that I’ve done yoga 5 times a week for the last (almost) 4 weeks! Wow I really did miss my mornings on the mat, much more than I thought. Now that I’m back in the swing of things, it feels like I’m back to the old Crystal :) In addition to the yoga, there have been cardio and strength training gym sessions, with some outside walking time thrown in now that the weather seems to be turning for the better! The body is feeling pretty good, though I’ve made a few observations: Each and every morning I practice yoga my left shoulder snaps/cracks first thing. I generally start my practice in Balasana (childs pose) arms extended- just getting the wake up stretch to the body and “SNAP” It’s not painful at all- just a bit  unsettling since it seems to be very loud and unnatural= probably not good. This does happen to be the shoulder that does the “stupid human trick” which I’ll go into and maybe video sometime in the future. Lets just say it kind of pops out of socket.... In keeping with this, during my weight session with the hubster on Sunday I noticed how much weaker my left shoulder/chest area is than my right. It was shaking like crazy- so I guess I know what I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment