Thursday, April 5, 2012

Two days of WO + Favorite kids in my life

    Coloring Easter eggs with a kid MIGHT be a little more fun than coloring with the Husband, but don’t tell him I told you that.
    Little Miss L is one of my favorite kiddos- she may not be my niece by bloodlines or marriages but this kid is a huge part of my life. She is my friend Erin’s daughter and just the cutest little bean you’ve ever seen. I just love her to bits, especially when she asks me to teach her how to do handstands and read her bedtime stories- Gah! my heart just melts.. Kids always know how to get ya where it hurts!
    Of course these two do too
(Sammy Face)
(Hydro Face)
   I can’t deny there faces, even when they make a mess and make me crazy.
*** Side note***
    Hydro is especially great at walking all over me and pretty much can get anything he wants with his puppy eyes.. He is such a Momma’s boy.. Every single morning when I get up and hit the bathroom half asleep- he JUMPS ups and runs up the stairs waging/smashing his tail against the walls with a toy in his mouth, busts open the bathroom door, and gives me “kisses” by jamming his nose into my face (toy still in mouth)- in contrast if the husband gets up.. he doesn’t budge.. (I know he’s jealous! ) It makes me feel special <3 After all I am the one who dragged him out of a shitty shelter and home from NC when I went to visit James’ family- even though James told me we couldn’t have another dog. (We had Sammy at the time and finding an apartment with 1 dog was hard enough- but I wore him down) And just to punish me and prove James right,  Hydro was THE WORST PUPPY EVER… so James would always remind me that I was the one that brought him home and everything he did wrong was my fault.. (Jokingly of course!)   hahah..  it actually kind of seemed true.. 

Workouts for yesterday and today were taken from here and here. The first- Biceps and Triceps
    

EXERCISE

 Set #1 

 Set #2 

 Set #3 

 Set #4 
 Superset XXXXXXXX
 Barbell Curl, 12,10,8,12 reps (we used DB) 20lbs Each hand

 Lying Triceps Press, 12,10,8,12 reps  30lbs 
 Superset XXXXXXXX
 Close-Grp EZ Bar Curl, 12 reps  30lbsXX
 Tricep Dumbbell Kickback, 12 reps  15lbsXX
 Superset XXXXXXXX
 Reverse Plate Curls, 12 reps  25lbs
 Bench Dips, 12 reps  BW
 Superset XXXXXXXX
 Hammer Curls, 12 reps  15lbsXX
 Seated Triceps Press, 12 reps  30 lbsXX

 Finishing off with 20 minutes of cardio- nothing fancy just a quick paced walk on treadmill.

Hamstring and Glutes (or as I call them Moons over My Hammys)


EXERCISE

 Set #1 

 Set #2 

 Set #3 

 Set #4 
 Exercise XXXXXXXX
 Dumbbell Lunges, 12 reps, each leg  50lbs
 Superset XXXXXXXX
 Sumo Squat, 12,10,8,12 reps (we did goblet squats) 35lbs
 Barbell Deadlift. 15 reps  50lbs
 Exercise XXXXXXXX
 Seated Leg Curl, 10-12 reps  70lbs
 Superset XXXXXXXX
 Single Leg Knee/Hip Raise on parallel bars, 15 reps  BW
 Calf Press on the Leg Press Machine, 20 reps  30lbs
 Superset XXXXXXXX
 Glute Kickback, 12 reps  BWXX
 Exercise Ball Lying Leg Raise, 20 reps (we did Leg lift)

*Superset
Alternating heel reaches 30 reps
Side V-crunch 10 each side
BWXX
* Indicates my additions. 
Finishing off with 20 minutes sprint intervals 45 second sprint/15 seconds rest

    I came home after this mornings workout on a mission.. I needed to roll, stretch, refuel, and shower without distraction and get right to studying. I managed to hit the books just 45 minutes after I got home- studied for almost two hours- before needing some coffee and more food (I’ve been amazingly hungry the last 3 days.. it’s pretty insane actually) Unfortunately my plan to get right back to the books didn’t happen as seamlessly as this morning. I took a couple hour break to walk around the woods with Paula while she was taking photos to get some fresh air and see the light of the sun. There isn’t a whole lot of greenery around here in RI at the moment but I did find these little cuties: 


  Well- it’s time to get back to work.. Hope your having a nice day and got out to stretch your legs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment