Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Laundry + Legs

   Monday, Funday! How was your Easter celebrations? (oh yeah, and happy Easter Sunday if you don’t celebrate! I didn’t even get on the computer yesterday at all oops.) I started my Easter out with work and it was actually pretty awesome because I only worked 3 hours- so it wasn’t all that bad. I bolted home, grabbed a smoothie (since we wouldn’t be eating until 2pm and I had only eaten breakfast at that point.) and chilled out for a little while before heading to my Uncles house for Linner- not really lunch, but not quite dinner. Not a whole lot to report- but it was great to catch up with family and eat lots of veggies.
     Even though Easter Day was low key- we have to back up to Saturday… I came home from work and was surprised with these handsome devils..
Apologies for the crappy photos- but we don’t have the luxury of a laundry room- these dudes will be living in the Basement. James and my Dad hunted all day for a great deal and found these two at Lowe’s in the scratch and dent section (it’s completely crazy that they were there, because the “scratches and dents” on these are barely noticeable.. While they don’t technically match- they are both Whirlpool and Energy Star, both white.. and they are both brandy new :) The dryer (on left) is usually $1200 and the washer is usually $700. James purchased the dryer for $550 and the washer for $400! Sweet deal :) and yes there was a load in there as so as they were connected! You know your getting old when you get EXCITED to do laundry, haha. 

   Workout Wise- I took the whole weekend off. Paula hadn’t taken any rest after our jump rope circuit leading into the week of new workouts- and it seemed best that we just lay low. It was nice to take the weekend off- and go to breakfast with James and my dad Saturday instead of hitting the gym before work- but I was itching to get back to the gym.. Today we did legs, Same as last Monday with a little increase in some of the weight:

EXERCISE
 Set #1 
 Set #2 
 Set #3 
 Set #4 
 Set #5 
 Warm Up XXXXXXXXXX
 Low Quad Lunges, 30 yds  60 lbs 60 lbs 60 lbsXXXX
 Squat Jumps, 12 reps  BW BW BWXXXX
 Exercises XXXXXXXXXX
 Leg Extensions, 12 reps  70 lbs 70 lbs 70 lbs 70 lbs 70 lbs
 Narrow Squats, 8 reps  150 lbs 150 lbs 150lbs 150 lbs 150 lbs
 Bulgarian split squats, 12 reps  40 lbs 40 lbs 40 lbs 40 lbsXX
 Leg press, 12 reps                        
* Stiff legged Deadlifts 12 reps x3
* Farmers Walk 2x down and back
170 lbs
60 lbs
90 lbs
170 lbs
 60 lbs
 90 lbs
 170 lbs
 60 lbs
 170 lbs
 170 lbs
* Indicate my additions


  Well I’m just going to say that the Bulgarian Split squats really suck- in a good way of course.. Immediately my butt was hurting. They are really challenging for me for some reason- and thats what I like about them. Plus my theory is, the more I hate something- the more I actually need it.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment