Sunday, September 8, 2013

Simple- Thankful

Appreciate the little simple things

*Puppy play-date* 
Sure, things have been tough on James and I, but the boys miss each other too. This week we got them together for a few hours and they loved every minute of it. They went right back to looking after the house as a two man team. 

*Pasta*
Sometimes an Italian kid just needs a big bowl of comfort- in the form of a carb coma- even if it’s gluten-free.. it still has the same affect.. Just add too much butter and cheese (can there really ever be too much of these things?) with a little salt and pepper… simple and delicious.

*Play-time*
I love living with Erin and Lola… it has made this whole process quite a bit easier for sure. And Lola is adorable and hilarious 
 So many laughs.. and seriously.. Laughter is the best medicine 

*Snuggles*
I’m so very glad Tuna-moose was sent to me. I honestly believe Hydro hand (paw?) selected him to watch over me.. Just when I’m feeling low, he curls right next to or on me.. and I instantly feel better. He really knows how to make his Mama feel loved :)

*Mustaches*
Need I say more?

*Drinks with Friends*
Because sometimes everything makes more sense with some girl time

*Stuff that Sparkles*
The last thing I “needed” was another piercing.. but I’m a chick.. and I wanted something new and sparkly. So I dropped a stupid amount of money to get a forward helix.
 It’s tiny and adorable.. I kind of love it.

*Running on a beautiful afternoon*
Right after I got my piercing, I changed in the car and went for a 7 mile run. It was crazy sunny and just warm enough. Nothing like endorphins to put things into perspective and make you feel like yourself again ;)

*Kick ass circuits*
Paula and I went to the gym together once this week… but we made it count
3 rounds through of 50 seconds AMRAP and 10 seconds rest.. 30 minutes- Done and Done.. 

*Being Silly*
Paula, Erin and I went on a hunt for Lola’s Halloween costume.. We have the sense of humor of 12 year old boys

*Fires*
Because burning shit is awesome




*FOOD*
Lola requested kabobs for dinner.. Got to make the kid happy, no?

 They turned out so amazing.. But next time we decided to just skip the veggies.. 
Beef sticks please

*Sunday Pancake Breakfasts*
Paleo and Gluten free punks
Cooked in coconut oil, topped with an annoying amount of butter, almond butter and syrup- Enjoyed in the sun ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment