A couple of summers ago I drove across the country (in my little two door Toyota Yaris) with a fellow Yogaslacker to Wanderlust (Wanderlust is a yoga and music festival) to teach slacklining
Minus the glass of wine of course! We didn't get paid in cash, but were able to attend the concerts and classes and have a place to stay in exchange for teaching folks how to slackline.. Not a bad deal right? ( Yogaslackers are a crazy bunch of extreme athletes that do everything from slacklining and acroyoga, to adventure races and everything in between.. ) We also took the unsuspecting students through conditioning
What I mean to say is, I know my protein bars! I ate so many of them that summer- I couldn’t eat another one for months. But the truth is.. I really love them.. Call me weird, but I dig the texture, taste and portability. A couple of months ago I was sent a sample of Vega Vibrancy Bars to review..
vega products before, so I had no doubt that these bars would be amazing.. and just like the protein powders the nutrition and ingredients were impeccable:
- I can pronounce every single ingredient
- You can actually see WHOLE chia seeds, almonds, berries, buckwheat.. etc
- The texture is dense and diverse- with crunchy and soft blending together well. Not sticky or similar to modeling clay like some bars!
-Vegan and gluten free
- Not too sweet or overly flavored.
- Not too calorically dense.. The perfect pre or post workout fuel and snack size.
- They never bothered my stomach and kept me satiated for hours!
The not so good:
To be honest.. the only thing I can put in this column is price. Using quality ingredients comes at a cost for sure, we all know that. These bars are almost $3 a piece. To be fair, any quality bars out there are in the same price range so I don’t hold it against them.
Thank you Vega and Katie at Crier Communications!!