Thursday, November 1, 2012

Nov. 1

  I haven’t made it to the gym once this week, not even to teach. Classes got canceled Monday night because of the storm and last night because of Halloween. Don’t worry, it’s cool.. I side stepped the “your lame” land mind and worked up a sweat at home.
 That would be three days worth.. and since you probably can’t read that chicken scratch.. The breakdown:

TUESDAY- Vegas style Buy in (and buy out because that’s how we roll around here)
*****Start your stopwatch and do this whole workout as fast as you can!
 Buy in- 30 pull ups (I did the first half of these straight up. The second half I gave myself a little jump up and lowered down slowly.. )

 Round 1=10 reps. Round 2= 9 reps. Round 3= 8 reps.

  1. Windmill push ups (side plank to both right and left side for one rep count)
  2. Jump Squats
  3. Handstand tuck ups (can substitute Pike presses if your not into handstands)
  4. Medicine ball wood chop (I used 12 lb medicine ball here )
  5. Standing Russian twist with medicine ball (rotate to both right and left for one rep count)
  6. Jumping jacks (or star jumps if you want to make it more of a challenge)
  7. Jump lunges
  8. Dolphin push up (or pike press or regular pushups)
  9. Burpees (without push up)
  10. Sumo squats with side leg lifts
Buy out- 30 V-up crunches

   This guy took me 23 minutes to complete and I was a sweaty, monster..  no big surprise there right?

WEDNESDAY- Leg burns
   I warmed up with 10 minutes of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest.. alternating between Jumping Jacks and High knees. Then I moved on to this workout… completing for time:

100 Deep Squat jumps
75 Burpees
50 Skaters- touching the opposite hand to toe
25 right and 25 left Diagonal wood chop with medicine ball (12 lb medicine ball used)

Holy moly.. My legs were burning and my belly was definitely on fire right along with them.. I finished in 17:46

THURSDAY 
  Today I took my workout from one of my Pintrest boards.. and it was tough- and had MORE burpees! (which just so happen to be my very favorite)

100 Squats
10 Burpees
90 Sit ups
10 Burpees
80 Bicycle Crunches
10 Burpees
70 Pushups (dudes.. I’ll be straight with you.. I did the last 40 from my knees..  Lame Sauce)
10 Burpees
60 Mountain Climbers
10 Burpees
50 Leg Raises
10 Burpees
40 Plank up and downs
10 Burpees
30 Reverse Crunches
10 Burpees
20 Pike Press
10 Burpees
10 Supermans

Yeah… This one was tough.. and it took me just over 30 minutes.  The worst part was the Pushup/Burpee sandwich.. Counting the pushups built into a burpees that was 90 of them.. Rough business!
   After Burpee madness I was starved.. so I pulled out some leftovers and cooked them all together with a blob of coconut oil
Nothing is as satisfying to me as coconut oil coated veggies, rice and beans..
    I ran a couple of errands after lunch, and then headed over the the Kickboxing gym to chat with the boss.. I needed to learn the ins and outs of opening and closing the gym, how to check people into the computer, etc.  Plus it gave me a chance to run an idea by her.
     I want to do a donation based yoga class for Hurricane Sandy relief…  She loved the idea! So for a $15 donation, students will get a 1 hour yoga class and a complementary glass of wine afterwards. All proceeds to go to the Hurricane Sandy Relief. Any amount can help and I feel good being able to do my part :)
   I know I say this all the time, but seriously time is going by way too fast. Next week is my birthday! I’m doing my best to be excited instead of bummed I’m getting closer to 30..  I’m having a hard time with the whole aging thing.. But instead of focusing on that.. I’m just going to put on my happy face and figure out what I want to do to celebrate!

How do you feel about birthdays? Getting older? Time moving at lightning speed?

What are your favorite at home workout moves?

No comments:

Post a Comment