Friday, September 28, 2012

Teaching + Fit Test +Lunch Bowl

Hey guys, happy Friday!
    Last night I went to the studio a couple hours earlier than usual because I was covering a “Gentle” yoga class. I’m not going to lie, teaching a gentle class is way out of my comfort zone, but it’s good practice. I did my best, and with a little guidance from a couple fellow teachers who regularly teach the class, I didn’t kill any one or see any tears! It’s pretty widely known throughout the studio that I’m the “tough” teacher.. but they were good sports and even laughed a couple times! Needless to say I was glad to teach my regular class afterwards!


    Back in May I did a little challenge.. I love Burpees.. LOVE them! I wanted to know how many of them I could do in 10 minutes. 94… Sure it wasn’t a bad number, but I was really bummed that I couldn't get to 100.
   Since then, I’ve done countless burpees of all kinds. I don’t discriminate- I do them and force my clients to do them too.. I figure someone, someday will love them too.. This week I took one of my clients through her first fit test. She did great, and I think she even surprised herself (which is even better!) I’m really looking forward to our next one in a couple of months…
   So today it got me thinking.. When was the last time I tested myself? Cue 10 minute BURPEE challenge.. Its a perfect challenge and measure of my fitness improvements. It is one of the best full body strength and cardio tester. So I laced up my kicks, put the “metal” pandora station on and got to work. (I only listen to this station when I’m looking to kick ass, BTW :)
DRUM ROLL…..
117 Burpees in 10 minutes!!!
  23 More than last time.. I am PUMPED!! Hard work really does pay off.. and now I really get why fit tests are important and I will do them more consistently from now on..
    The best part about it, it’s a 10 minute workout.. Which worked perfectly since I had to help a friend out- she needed a ride to and from school after dropping her car off to be serviced.

After I dropped her off at school, I ran over to Trader Joe’s. I don’t know if you heard about the Peanut butter/almond butter Recall, but if you have any of these items lingering in your pantry check the dates and return them back to TJs for a full refund.. 
 
  My breakfast was sad without its usual scoop.. but I was able to get a different almond butter to replace it.. Phew.. now all is right in the breakfast world..
    Lunch made up for almond butter-less morning
  Collard greens with garlic and olive oil + Lentils covered with two over easy eggs.. The yolks were popped as soon as this picture was taken so that all of the yummy “sauce” coated the lentils and greens..
I have a feeling this is going to keep me full for a long time..

So whats going on for the weekend? Our plans are pretty vague for the night… But I’m hoping to go apple picking in the morning (If the rain holds out.. or we will just go in the rain anyway- we’ve done it before!) I work at the restaurant tomorrow night and possibly Sunday, though I’m hoping to get a run in. I’ve decided that I’m going to attempt to train for a half marathon..  This should be interesting.

Have a great night!












No comments:

Post a Comment