Sunday, May 6, 2012

Biker Boy + Cinco de Mayo + WOs

    This weekend has been jam packed. Two shifts at the toaster, two circuit workouts, 1 hour and 40 minutes of rollerblading, celebrating of Cinco De Mayo= lots of drinks, connecting with my first training client! Making of almond butter, puppy snuggles, and a breakfast made by the husband :)
    While I headed to the gym Saturday morning, James rented a bike- the same bike that he hopes to buy sometime soon-

     He went on a “Bike Run” with some guys that he works with and I didn’t hear about anything else practically the whole weekend! Good thing he looks super handsome on that bike..
   
    I picked up Paula before our workout- her car died the day before- and we met up with Ryan for a quick little power hour.. 30 minutes on the treadmill, and This workout. Actually we didn’t really do the 30 seconds of active rest… It was good and sweaty :)
     Post work, I picked up James and we went to a local super dive bar to meet up with a friend that we hadn’t seen in years.. LOTS of vodka and tortilla chips= great time!


    Needless to say I was feeling pretty rosy cheeked :)
       Which made waking up this morning a bit more difficult- but James made coffee and breakfast so it was worth it. Since James left the house to return the bike before I left for work, I had 20 minutes to fill. What better way to fill that 20 minutes??

Sunday Morning Workout Challenge 
1 minute High Knees
1 minute Squat with alternating side kicks
10 minute AMRP Burpees!!

   Yes I choose to do burpees for 10 minutes.. I love burpees.. they are no joke and I completed 94 of them in that 10 minutes. I really tried to push it so I could get to 100, but it was a no go. I could barely breathe and was completely drenched (I had taken a proof picture, but somehow it got erased.. damn it) I think my heart rate was elevated for over 2 hours afterwards.. which made me feel pretty accomplished to say the least. I extended the challenge to my Facebook friends- and a few of them actually did it and beat me too! I’m thinking this is going to be a weekly thing.. maybe not the exact workout, but you know..
    Work was pretty gross and slow moving. I was out in plenty of time to take advantage of the sunlight- this is where the 1 hour and 40 minutes of rollerblading happened- it was the first with James of the season- and we covered over 10 miles.
    We got cleaned up, headed out to the grocery store and made an amazing dinner featuring kale salad, roasted sweet potatoes, and grilled tofu/veg kabobs for me and veg/sausage kabobs for James.. and finally some rest time :)

What did you do this weekend?
I challenge you to the Sunday M. WO- how many can you complete?

2 comments: