Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bags are packed..

    No, I’m not going anywhere- I’m talking about these huge bags under my eyes:
   I haven’t slept in days and its really starting to bum me out. It all started Saturday night- I fell asleep alright but woke up at 2am and tossed and turned until I had to get up at 5:45am. Sunday night was the same, only this time I fell asleep at 11pm and woke up at 12:30am. By the time Monday morning came I was not exactly thrilled- but got up at 5am to go tackle an hour of “active rest” walking on the treadmill with Paula. I felt off all day, not only because I was tired but because I had all this nervous energy buzzing around in my body. I linked it to lack of intense exercise since thats what I’ve been doing for 3  months straight and tried to get some studying for CPT done.
   I went to Panera Bread since Starbucks was closing due to the passing of one of the employee’s (so sad :/ my thoughts are with you all! ) I grabbed a mug so I could have unlimited coffee while I tried to cram but ended up drinking only a few sips before my stomach felt funny. It turned into a rather unproductive study session to say the least- and now I’m really getting stressed about falling behind.
   The rest of the day I felt the same way and developed a headache to boot.. But I still had an appointment to get to for our taxes and a class to teach. By the time I got home at 7pm I shoveled some food in and zoned out in front of the computer for a bit until I realized that I was falling asleep sitting up. I literally went to bed (or tried too) at 7:30pm..
    I tossed, turned, flipped and flopped- but not a single ounce of sleep. I tried the couch with TV on in the background, James gave me an amazing massage, there was music… but nothing… NOTHING worked..  I may  have gotten 10 minute intervals over the whole night for a grand total of 2 hours.. if I’m lucky.
    I still went to the gym this morning for 30 minutes of treadmill walking because I didn’t want to leave Paula hanging and as soon as I got home I set the alarm so I could try to get a little nap in before getting ready for work.. No dice. I dragged my ass into the shower and got ready for work- talking myself out of calling in sick- but when I got there I found out that I wasn’t on the schedule.. Hey thanks for letting me know!
    So here I am back in bed attempting to fall asleep again- couldn’t so I’m complaining to you.. Which I’m sure your thrilled about! hah.. Sorry kids I hope your Tuesday is better than mine… Hope to see you next time and greet you with a smile.. bags Unpacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment