Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Legs and Eggs (Day 38)

.. Getting out of bed this morning was a task, no joke.. Every single part of my body was stiff and unwilling to move. I felt like the tin man in need of some oil … No matter- this girl has to get moving because I need time to get some coffee in my body and some food before this:

EXERCISE
 Set #1 
 Set #2 
 Set #3 
 Set #4 
 Leg extensions: 2 warm-up sets with lighter weight for 30 reps  30lbs --->XXXX
 Wide stance barbell squat: 2 lighter sets of 15 reps, 2 heavier sets to failure  90 lbs---- >X1160X--->X
 Leg press: 4 sets of 8 reps  150 160 170 180
 Walking Barbell Lunges: 3 sets of 20 reps  50----->  ----->XX
 Barbell Step-ups: 3 sets of 10 reps  40 --->---> XX
 Plie Dumbbell squat: 3 sets of 15 reps  25--->  --->XX







    I’m not kidding when I say I couldn’t be happier than to skip out of cario today.. Thank the gods that  legs= no cardio! But I did have to sling eggs today- and it was busy.. so it was kind of like cardio anyway..

 I think I was the tin man this morning is that I finally went slacklining after months of “slacking” I went to see my counselor Stacy and since every single time I leave there I feel worse- I have started to make it a tradition to either go for a walk, sit by the water or just chill out for a bit afterwards before returning back to everyday life. Yesterday was a tough session and I decided that I would go to the park and sit by the water. It was about 45 outside, but it was sunny enough to feel warm. Maybe it was the rush of Vitamin D I got from sitting out there for a bit or maybe it was that there were perfect trees from which I could set up.. Either way as I was sitting there it struck me to get off my butt and start slacklining.

Just like riding a bike.. even though it was freezing with no shoes and windy as hell it totally made me feel amazing.. and now a new tradition will be born. Having no feeling in my toes or nose for half an hour afterwards didn’t matter.. getting on the line again made me so happy- and it also made me miss my fellow Yogaslackers- and feel like I need to start teaching slacklining again.. soon.  (Photos above from an Off the Mat workshop in the Delaware Water Gap this past fall)  As soon as the weather breaks for good.. this girl is getting out there to spread the word! Have you ever been slacklining?! 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment