Wednesday, February 1, 2012

3 Days into Phase 2

… and I realize that Jamie Eason was just easing us in.. Granted I have done other things on top of the workouts- but goddamn.. Phase 2 means the addition of Cardio back into the routine. Nothing more than moderate intensity for 30 minutes, but one top of warm up and the actual training session the time spent at the gym the first 2 days was far more than the first phase. Day 29 :



 Wide grip overhand pull-ups: 3 sets of 10 reps   
 Superset: Bent-over Barbell row: 3 sets of 8 reps     Seated cable row: 3 sets of 8 reps    
 Wide grip Lat Pull-down: 3 sets of 10 reps     
One-armed row: 3 sets of 8    
 Hammer Strength Pull-downs: 3 sets of 10 reps    
 Hyperextensions: 3 sets of 8 reps     
30 minute - medium intensity cardio (running, elliptical, step-mill) 


   After I finished my workout I headed over to the pool for a swim. If I thought Friday was tough, Monday made it look like a joke. My whole body felt like lead- but I managed to swim a mile and I was happy with that. I went swimming because I LOVE it and it makes me feel amazing. Like I said before- nothing like the smell of Chlorine on your skin.. Feels like home <3 Finally the last leg of my mini triathlon of sorts.. was teaching my brand new 45 minute yoga/interval circuit class. By the time I got there at 6pm I was wasted- but “there ain’t not rest for the wicked” and mama had to be pumped up for her students.. I loved Every.Single.Minute. of teaching this new class.. Like I got giddy- that’s how excited I was! I have way too much fun pushing people and seeing them breakdown walls of what they think they are capable of.. 
    But by the time I got home my body had had enough. Everything hurt- especially my lower back which was aching and swollen (I’ve had this trouble before because I have degenerative disk disease) I tried to eat- and managed half of my salad.. and then crashed hard around 10pm.. 

Day 30: Chest and Abs
 Wide-grip barbell bench press: 5 sets of 8 reps (1 warm-up set, 3 reg sets, 1 set of negatives)       
Wide stance push-ups: 3 sets of 15 reps    
Cable crossovers: 3 sets of 10 reps   
 Smith machine incline bench press: 3 sets of 10 reps   
 Side to side push-ups: 3 sets of 10 reps    
Superset:  Toe touchers: 3 sets of 20 reps    XXXX Crunches (legs straight in the air): 3 sets of 20 reps   
 Roman Chair leg raise: 3 sets of 10 reps  
 Cable crunches: 3 sets of 10 reps   
30 minute - medium intensity cardio (running, elliptical, step-mill)  

This workout seemed to take FOREVER.. Seriously after cardio it was almost two hours.. Maybe because I was exhausted from the day before- and because it took us a bit longer to set up and do these sets.. but man I was not feeling the cardio and wanted to bolt the entire 30 minutes.  I had planned to go for a swim- but there was no way my body could handle it, because I had to teach another class at 7:45pm. Class was great once again and I even found a perfect quote for the end of their workout: 

Day 31: Legs
 Leg extensions: 2 warm-up sets with lighter weight for 30 reps   XXXX
 Wide stance barbell squat: 2 lighter sets of 15 reps, 2 heavier sets to failure     
 Leg press: 4 sets of 8 reps     
 Walking Barbell Lunges: 3 sets of 20 reps    XX
 Barbell Step-ups: 3 sets of 10 reps    XX
 Plie Dumbbell squat: 3 sets of 15 reps 
There were also two different types of calf raises that we skipped.. Both of us already have well defined calves and don’t have much interest in making them bigger- haha- we were both VERY excited that there was no cardio today because let me tell you.. my legs were BURNING this entire workout.. 

Unfortunately I had work right after and I was running around like a chicken with my head cutoff.. so my legs are in serious need of some foam rolling and stretches which I plan on doing once I finish here. Thankfully I don’t have to teach until tomorrow- so I’m hoping that there is some quick recovery going on- and honestly I can’t wait until a rest day, haha.. 

So far this phase is WAY more challenging than phase 1… 

No comments:

Post a Comment