Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Phase 1- in review

   Phase 1 is complete (actually it was done on Friday and I’ve been slackin with the recap.) This is the first time following a program like this, and I have to say that I LOVE it.. Jamie Eason you are amazing.. you kick my ass every.single.day. and sometimes I would really like to punch you in the face for putting me through it.. but I love you! I didn’t take a before picture right before starting a month ago- but this is from October/November time frame so it’s close enough. 

You get the idea (and please don’t make fun of me too much!) 
      And this these next few are from this last week.. Again not the best quality but definitely seeing some results.


 My arms have gotten WAY more ripped.. and I’m loving it!
      I didn’t have much of a problem with skipping cardio since I’m not a runner or a fan of cardio machines… During this month I did a whole lot of handstands and yoga (along with teaching 1 class a week) but the Biggest difference since starting-

Being conscious of my diet. Now your probably thinking that this doesn’t make sense since I’ve spoken about my food/eating issues.. So let me explain. I never realized that I was eating to little protein before. I’ve been vegetarian or vegan for more than half of my life-15 years! and really never ever cared about protein, at all. But funny thing is that not giving your body what it so desperately needs will catch up with you eventually- Once I started making sure I was getting some sort of protein with every meal (and I try to get protein in each snack as well but don’t stress as much) I noticed a whole lot of difference.. I felt more alert, stronger, leaner and have really started to notice the difference in my body. It feels great!
     My favorite ways to include protein: Veg friendly!
 My beloved Chocolate dipped strawberry <3 I’ve mentioned it like every single time I blog.. but I just love it! Greek yogurt is amazing.. but throw 1/2-1 scoop of some EAS chocolate protein (or any other kind I’m sure.. I really like cookies and cream in this too) and Mix Mix Mix.. and you have yourself some chocolate pudding, MMMMMM.. I also eat a TON of eggs. Mostly I eat egg whites since I’ll eat 5 or 6 at a time.. but I do try to eat whole eggs every few days because lets face it.. there is a lot of good stuff in that yolk! Cottage cheese and tofu are sometimes an option (not together.. GROSS) and Last but not least.. and NOT veg friendly.. Sushi.. I don’t really count this much since I eat is rarely and sparingly.. but I LOVE raw fish.. HATE cooked fish and accidentally ate a piece that had cooked fish inside and literally had to be that gross person who spit it in my napkin.. I had to because almost instantly everything in my stomach tried to evacuate.. haha.. Anyway.. I might have 5 bites of raw fish in sushi every couple weeks and this is a big step for me- because for the first time in a while, when it comes to food, I’m listening to my body.. No calorie counting.. nothing.. just intuitive eating.. It’s a work in progress.
    Overall my body feels amazing and I’m looking forward to Phase 2

2 comments:

  1. We're happy to hear you use EAS products! Have you tried our new Lean 15 Protein Powder(http://eas.com/lean15)? ~Brittany @EAS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do love them! I haven’t tried Lean 15 but I’ll have to check it out! Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete