Sunday, August 28, 2011

Making the money

    I made it through the first day back at Denny’s- surprisingly it wasn’t so bad. It was pretty slow but steady so for the 4 hours I was there time flew by. Coming back to all of my co-workers, I’m getting asked about how things are and what’s new and where I’m living. I have to say its really nice to be around them all again.. even though its hard to explain over and over again the situation. It was a productive day money wise and because of Hurricane Irene I don’t have to work Sunday.. (Rhode Island like much of the surrounding areas are in in state of emergency) I spent the rest of the afternoon helping and hanging out with a friend- and the day flew by. Before I knew it, it was 8:30pm and I still hadn’t eaten dinner! I headed home and whipped up a Candida friendly bowl of Oat Bran topped with full fat coconut milk and cinnamon. I guess I ate it too fast, or something because my stomach didn’t like it and kind of hurt for the rest of the night (I think its because it wasn’t certified gluten free oats- but it was the fastest thing to eat that was mostly candida friendly) I headed back to my friends house to watch a stand up comedy on Netflix.
   I was passed out as soon as I came home and didn’t wake up until 9 am to pouring rain and wind from good old Hurricane Irene. So far we still have power so we can use the internet and watch movies and such- but most of the people I know in surrounding areas have lost power- so I’ll be grateful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment