Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Detox day 1

   I eased myself into the idea of a brown rice fast last night for dinner. I had about 1 1/2 cups brown rice with 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 hard boiled egg. I love rice but there was a trigger in my head, Your still hungry. Which is why the egg came into play. over the few hours before bed I also snacked on some plain cold rice- and my stomach growled and hurt a bit.
   This morning I went through an internal dialogue about what not actually doing the rice fast. Funny how it is something I’ve been thinking about for days. When I look around the kitchen there is ripe bananas and watermelon, there is yogurt and more eggs (something I had been craving for days on the road) - staring me in the face, But when thinking about where these thoughts are coming from- it’s my obsession with food, my thought that I’m not going to be able to have enough of these things. Really there is something to be said for the simplicity of eating the same rice and oil.  So breakfast this morning was 1 1/2 cups brown rice with 1 tbsp coconut oil, sprinkle of cinnamon and salt.  Not drinking coffee and eating rice alone along with some yoga and maybe some light cardio for the next few days is going to be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment