Sunday, April 24, 2011

Antigravity

   In case you hadn’t noticed, I’m totally a slacker. I’ve been trying to stay on top of blogging- but can’t get back into the swing of things. I used to write a food blog a while back, but wanted to focus more on life and yoga so created this space. Even though I put blogging on the top of my to-do lists each day I still overlook it!
   Since I’ve been here last I went to Antigravity yoga for the first time! What did I think? I LOVED it!! I knew that it would be something that I would love anyway, but it really was even better than I thought it would be. The teacher Val was extremely nice and very, very fun and friendly- There were quite a few of us that had never been to an antigravity class before, and she was great with explaining and demoing every move or flow that we did. I really liked that we spent a lot of time upside down. With that in mind I would be sure you like and are comfortable with being upside down. This was one of my favorites:
And this is what also gave me a hand-sized bruise on my right butt cheek! I’ll spare you the photographic evidence on that one :) If you have ever been on an inversion table- it’s the same sensation.  Decompressing the low back and really stretching out the spine like never before. I think I grew 2 inches once I left class! Their version on savasana is awesome too:  (blippit.com)
I’m pretty sure I’m going to get one of these hammocks someday- just so I can nap like this. Amazing!!!
      During class I was thinking to myself that it was quite simple and easy- I didn’t feel fatigued at all. Until I got home and sat down to dinner. All of a sudden I felt completely wiped out, like so exhausted that I didn’t want to get up, I felt like I couldn’t get up.. It wasn’t that it made me sore at all- or in the days following, except where the silks had been pressed against my skin- but similar to being dehydrated or staying up for 3 days in a row. It was fantastic and I can’t wait to go again! One down side- actually the only downside was the price. $20 for 1.5 hours. Doing that once a week will be a pretty pricey hobby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment