Monday, March 28, 2011

Protein Mocha Madness!

  Our Sunday was very productive- we had our coffee, we watched Hong Kong Phooey, we snuggled :) But then we got to work. Hubster’s aunt had a bunch of extra crushed stone that she had purchased in abundance and offered to us for free. 9 am sharp we drove over and James shoveled and moved it to our house-  and some to his mom’s before we started to get to work on the yard and basement. We still had some stuff left over from the demo of the kitchen, and after over 3 loads and countless numbers of contractor bags- it’s all gone!!
  Dinner was pizza while watching Harry Potter- before we headed to our friends house for hang out time and Dexter. I had a pretty bad stomach issue going on so by the time the second episode was finished- we headed home and straight to bed.
    It was a rough night stomach wise so this morning I was scared to eat much of anything. I started the morning off with some Bodyrock- the "6 pack abs” I really liked this workout- it got my hunger fires burning! I stuck to simple and small for breakfast- with a banana topped with peanut butter; though I felt like I still needed a little something. I was lost trying to figure out what else I could have that wouldn’t make my tummy sad- then it came to me...

PROTEIN MOCHA MADNESS
serves 1 :)
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/4 cup water
1 scoop vanilla protein powder- I used Jarrow brown rice protein
1 scoop instant coffee
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tbsp honey
dash of salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon to taste (optional)
Method
Combine in small sauce pan on medium-low heat. Whisking constantly- warm through to your desired temperature- being careful not to boil. Enjoy!





It worked out perfectly- kept my tummy happy, and was absolutely delish! I can see many of these in the future!
Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment