Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Making space + Best Body Bootcamp

April 
 Where is the time going? I’m having trouble keeping track of what day it is at this point.
BUT
Monday marked the first day of Best Body Bootcamp!
I am pretty excited about the next 8 weeks- I have been really slack-a-lackin with my strength WOs since I’ve been running more- and when I do get around to hitting the weight room, I’m kind of stuck in a rut with the same old exercises- and after making workouts for others, I start to lose my inspiration for keeping things exciting for myself.. Going by rave reviews of previous participants BBB is exactly the perfect fit! 
Since I didn’t have a chance to get the fit test done this past weekend, I started my workout with it Monday at home- and then headed out to the gym to complete the first workout. Honestly Tina’s workout was sneaky.. While I was completing it, it didn’t seem all that tough- I was wrong. Later Monday night I also taught class- and I knew then that I was going to be in trouble Tuesday morning because I was already sore! (And Hungry)
Luckily, I have the best husband- and he had dinner ready and waiting for me
New to us method of cooking Cod fish- Broiled with lemon zest/juice and walnuts with some spices. Seriously fantastic! (Loosely adapted from Practical Paleo) Along with Roasted asparagus and potato. 
We closed the night with a little Redbox movie. Chasing Mavericks- based on a true story and was a really good movie. You should check it out! 

Tuesday I woke up, had some coffee and a little breakie
Fage 2%, banana, chia seeds, walnuts and coconut flakes. 
While eating breakfast I snapped a picture of the boys
 Tuna has a very expressive face- it kills me. 
As it turns out, I was right about being sore.. my legs were like lead, but thankfully even though my training plan has me increasing to 4 runs a week instead of 3 (This week- and for the remainder) , I only had 2 miles scheduled for this day. It was super sunny out, and had been really mild the day before so I thought it would be a perfect time to get used to running outside. 
Ok.. it was a bit colder than I had anticipated! But I was done in 18 minutes, so it really didn’t matter much. 
I headed out to work at the restaurant- and put in my two weeks notice toward the end of the day. I’ve done the whole “Stay at a job you hate because you need money and its the responsible thing to do- and then hate your life each time you have to work” thing… I did it at Denny’s for years.. and I just can’t do it to myself again- life is just too short.. so this was the right thing to do. 
I felt so much better :)

Sometimes, you have to make space in your life for positive things by getting rid of things that are not serving you.. or letting go of things or people that have a hold on you. 

I’m open for new opportunities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment