Wednesday, September 26, 2012

FoodForLife+ Bottomless pit+ Gluten Free stuff

    Before I start… I just got word that foodforlife (The company that makes Ezekiel sprouted grain breads, cereals and pastas) is running a sweepstakes “Fall Freebie Fridays” every Friday from now until November 16.. You can win coupons for their products AND a t-shirt or apron! All you have to do is "Like" Food For Life on Facebook and enter.. Not a bad deal!  If you win… I’ll be you BFF :)


    Ever have one of those days where you just can’t seem to satisfy your hunger?
Today is that day.. I have eaten 4 times since I woke up this morning and I’m still hungry.  I started out with my usual yogurt, berries and almond butter. I went back a couple hours later for these pancakes- It was my first time making them and they were pretty good!

I did pull a super blonde move and use baking powder and then realized that I was supposed to use baking SODA and tossed some of that in there too.. I don’t think it effected the taste, at least not that I could detect..
   The good thing about gluten/grain free foods is that they don’t sit in your stomach.. well I shouldn’t say that..
 We made pizza with this mix last night.. While it wasn’t awful, it just wasn’t good either.. Not trying to knock ya Bob.. maybe it’s just the "gluten free” thing. I had two pieces anyway but it was like a brick in my stomach.. Not cool man- although its a gluten free product and I’m kind of avoiding wheat and such.. this stuff seems super processed which in my opinion is worse than just eating a piece of real pizza.. But it was kicking around in the cabinet (from a while back when I saw it and my interest was piqued) and I didn’t want to just toss it away and waste it.. Well You know what they say about curiosity and the cat right? 

   Anyway, I have a personal training client tonight and I’m also teaching a brand new yoga class back to back. So while I wanted to workout this morning, I thought it best to keep it simple and short. A couple of days a go, Tina over at Carrotsncake.com posted the pug WOD.. and it seemed like the perfect little workout to get the blood flowing without over doing it.. I finished in just over 12 minutes.. Mostly because I did all “real” push ups, and toward the end of the 100 I had to stop every couple to shake my arms out- they were burning! 
   
    Lets talk hair real quick.. I was channeling the 90s this morning with these bangs
   I know, your jealous of that.. 
  But seriously.. I wanna know, do you guys wash your hair every single time you shower? I definitely don’t- I mean I obviously do if I have a super sweaty workout session; But I have really long hair.. and I’m lazy.. Sure braiding it up is fun or doing a little twisty business with the bangs is cute (cue 90s crazy left over twisty thing bangs up there) It’s work- so I just re-twist and go.. 
     Men are kind of lucky in that way.. they can just slap a hat on and call it a day
  Hah.. this makes me laugh so much.. James is going to hate me for posting that.. and thats a little basket I use to hold napkins..  (he certainly can brighten up a day!) 

    Well back to more food.. because its really all I can think about today
 
 Salad with lettuce, tomato, chick peas and sweet potato..  was lunch..  with a banana and almond butter for my afternoon snack age.. 
    
Oh and one little last thing.. I just got this book from the library
 Who can’t use more happiness in their lives? 
Have you read this book?
Have you done your own form of the happiness project?

No comments:

Post a Comment