Sunday, February 5, 2012

Saturday Morning Leg Burner


EXERCISE
 Set #1 
 Set #2 
 Set #3 
 Superset: XXXXXX
 Seated Leg Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps    
 Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps    
 Superset: XXXXXX
 Barbell Lunge (long stride): 3 sets of 20 reps    
 Abductor Machine: 3 sets of 20 reps    
 Superset: XXXXXX
 Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 15 reps    
 Adductor Machine: 3 sets of 15 reps    
 Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 3 sets of 10 reps    
 Single Leg Barbell Squat: 3 sets of 10 reps    
 Leg Press (wide stance): 1 giant drop-set to failure  XXXX
 Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets of 20 reps    
 Standing Calf Raises: 3 sets of 20 reps   

     If I haven’t said it enough… man I was tired. A night of drinking sangria and staying up late, makes for a rough Saturday morning workout for sure. The supersets were killer- but the finisher for me was the Leg Press drop set. I started out at 150- did about 13 reps, dropped down to 130- did another 13-14 reps and finally dropped down to 110 for the finale.. I did roughly the same number of sets. I knew from the moment I stopped that my legs were going to be hurting for the rest of the day because man they were pulsing! 
    It felt really good to finish out week 5. Maybe because physically it was a tough week or because I literally just didn’t have anymore to give- but man oh man I was pumped to finish it out strong. 

    Sore legs couldn’t keep me out of work- but it was a fast day and people were feeling especially generous.. maybe because today is the super bowl? I don’t care about the reason- I’m just excited to have had a peaceful day and even though I didn’t exactly get “rest” I feel like I’m on the mend to start my workouts all over again tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment