Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Repeat Offender, Day 44+45

    I drank this smoothie from the other day at least 3 times.. Funny how I just fall into the habit of a food or drink and get stuck there for a while. My body is like, “Hey it’s snack time… I want a smoothie…” “Hey we just worked out.. lets have a smoothie” Either way I’ve drank two smoothies today alone.. I figure I have to give the body what it needs right? Especially after these two workouts:

EXERCISE
 Set #1 
 Set #2 
 Set #3 
 Set #4 
 Narrow stance squats: 2 light sets of 15 reps and 2 heavier sets to failure  100100 180! 180!
 Narrow stance Leg press: 4 sets of 8 reps  180 180 180 180
 Barbell Step-ups: 4 sets of 8 reps  40 40 40 40
 Walking Barbell "double" lunges (step- down-up-down): 3 sets of 20 reps  3030 30 XX
 Single leg Barbell squats (foot on bench): 4 sets of 8 reps  bw bw bw bw
 Leg extensions: 3 sets of 10 reps, last set to failure    XX
 Seated calf raise: 3 sets of 20 reps, last set to failure  ---- ---- -----XX
 Standing calf raise: 3 sets of 20 reps, last set to failure  bw bw bwXX
    My legs were burning- and my knees  (especially my right one) were aching.. I guess I did too much weight with the squats and leg presses. When I taught my class later in the evening I was struggling to keep up and in pain.. Thankfully after a coating of Tiger Balm and some rest it felt a little better this morning . FYI- if you have never used Tiger balm, you need to. This stuff is the most amazing healing balm ever.. Seriously it got me through my swimming years, multitudes of rolled/ busted up ankles and sore muscles..
 



EXERCISE
 Set #1 
 Set #2 
 Set #3 
 Set #4 
 Barbell bench press: 1 warm-up set of 8 reps  20XXXXXX
 reverse grip barbell press: 4 sets of 8 reps  2020  20 20
 Superset: XXXXXXXX
 Dumbbell flyes: 4 sets of 8 reps  10 10 10 10
 Dumbbell bench press: 4 sets of 8 reps  25 25 25 25
 Superset: XXXXXXXX
 Incline Dumbbell press: 4 sets of 8 reps  20 20 20 20
 Dips (bench or parallel bars): 4 sets of 8 reps  bw bw bw bw
 Cable crossovers: 4 sets of 8 reps  15 2020 20 
 Medicine ball or weighted crunches: 3 sets of 25 reps  10 10 10XX
 Hanging leg raises or roman chair: 3 sets of 15 reps    XX
 Reverse crunch (on bench): 3 sets of 15 reps    XX
 Cardio: 30 minutes medium intensity cardio (running, elliptical, step-mill, etc…)  XXXXXX


   If there was a morning where I wanted to just say “fuck it” and not go to the gym, that would have been today.. My body is wrecked and begging for rest- with these workouts, classes, work and trying to  maintain the house cleaning and chores.. its catching up with me.. and I’m tired. But Paula was going to be waiting for me at the gym and I’m stubborn.. so I figured that even if it was half-assed it would be better than skipping. Thankfully my knee felt pretty good and by the end of the workout I was feeling a bit better.. However I was a zombie all day at work and have been resting since I got home, haha.. I’ll consider it a small victory..

    As for the rest of the night- I have big plans… Running to the grocery store with James, having dinner and making the couch my best friend :) Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment