Friday, February 24, 2012

Adventures in ADHD treatment+ job search and interviews

    Today was finally the day that I have been waiting 3 weeks for ( Back in January I talked to you about my first experience trying to get treatment for ADHD.)  the appointment with Alison- the doctor that Stacy recommended- I went to the address that was on the internet and turns out that it was the wrong place. After 15 minutes of calling her and the other office that she also works at I finally got in touch with her and made it to the correct address for the appointment (she was nice enough to still see me even though it was 30 minutes past my actual appointment time)
    This experience was so much better and different- thankfully! She is very nice and easy to talk to, I spoke with her for 1 1/2 hours and never felt like she was anything more than helpful. We spoke of the different medications and options and I feel 100% comfortable with the path that we have chosen. She was awesome about giving me all of the side effects and what to expects. Basically I will be starting with a very low dose of the stimulant Adderall (10 mg) . I will be keeping tract of how I feel and what it does or doesn’t do to me for 6 days and I will call her next Friday where we will talk everything over and if everything is well we will more than likely double the dose. (since it is best to start slowly with stimulants) She suggested that I cut back on the caffeine as it could induce more of the jittery side effects.  So tomorrow will be day one.. and I will keep you updated.

   I had an interview today at Gold’s Gym for a yoga teacher position. I was excited to tackle the challenge and thought I would fill the position well ( it was for a power yoga class) I was there for 15 minutes- in that time we talked a bit about what the class that was established was like, what they were looking for.. Non-spiritual, fast paced, challenging, etc. and then I gave a teaching demo (which was only 5 minutes long.. and it’s really hard to show what you’ve got in that amount of time BTW) She stopped me in the middle of it and said, "your too harsh and rough- I don’t think you’ll be a good fit here”.. While that is totally fine and I appreciate the honesty, truth is that she said one thing (that gave me the impression that it should be taught a certain way) and then really meant another.
   Hey don’t get me wrong, I’m not offended and I can take the criticism. I know that I’m not going to get every job I apply for and that will not stop me from moving forward full speed! I take this as a learning experience which I was happy to have :)
   I also applied for a wellness coach position and have been searching for jobs pretty much every day.. This girl is sick of being a waitress! And I certainly don’t want to end up like this adorable little lady:
source

No comments:

Post a Comment