Thursday, January 26, 2012

Working the “Moons over my Hammys"

    If there is one thing that Denny’s is good for- it’s the ridiculous names given to the crap food they serve. Surely you have heard of this sammich.. But I’ll save you the 1500+ calories! and suggest you do a kick ass leg workout instead..
Even though I have never actually eaten this thing.. I’ve seen thousands of them consumed and thats enough for me.. 
   So let us get to Moons over MY hammy- shall we?

Jamie Eason’s day 25 legs that is.. my hammy’s aren’t the only thing shaking.. True story..  

 Leg Extension: 3 sets of 10 reps 
                            75 lbs
 Wide Stance Barbell Squat: 3 sets of 10 reps      130 lbs
 Walking Barbell Lunge: 3 sets of 10 reps              50 lbs
 Single-Leg Barbell Deadlift: 3 sets of 10 reps       25 lbs 
 Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps                           65 lbs
 Seated calf Raise: 3 sets of 10 reps    
 Standing Calf Raise: 3 sets of 10 reps    (for the calf raises we just do standing body weight because we both have jacked up calves already and we do not have seated calf raises machines at our gym)

This week I went up in weight in all of the exercises.. just 5 lbs (leg ext, deadlift, leg curls) (10 lbs in squats) and accidentally 20 lbs for the walking lunge.. maybe that’s why my glutes are twitching 30 minutes later! 
    I love how quickly I’m gaining strength and am able to lift more weight consistently (but more on that coming soon at the 1 month mark- which is tomorrow BTW!) For now I’ll hang my head in shame as I get ready to tackle yet another day at Denny’s; where I’m sure I’ll be serving up dozens of the crap sandwiches above.. Someday I’ll get enough paid to workout for a living.. and teaching yoga is a start… but listen, I’m not looking for millions I’m just looking to be able to survive.. not too much to ask.. I don’t think… So I’m wiping my protein shake stache and dreaming about how awesome that would really be and somehow how I can actually make that happen.. Suggestions are welcome..  Until tomorrow everyone..


No comments:

Post a Comment