Saturday, August 20, 2011

a Happy Saturday!

   The last few posts have been a bit of a bummer. I just want to clarify- although it may seem like I’m being super negative lately, the truth is I’m just writing through the process. There are just some things that you can’t make sound super positive, even when you feel like they are. For example, mentioning that I’m stuck in Jello when it comes to deciding what I’m going to do or where I’m going to live sounds super negative... however, it’s super exciting! The truth is, it’s scary to be in this space for the first time.. I’ve always known or at least had a plan for what would come next, so not knowing (as hard as that can be for someone who likes to plan things) is an amazing time! There are so many options which can be overwhelming- but it is a wonderful time for growth and new experiences. So lets move on shall we?
   This morning started off wonderfully with sleeping in until 8:30, some coffee, and some breakfast (which James made for me: sourdough toast, two eggs over easy, avocado, salsa and a little bit of cheddar, YUM) After letting everything digest for a half hour we took off on our bikes with the intention of riding the entire  paved part of the bike path- which is about 30 miles. Instead we did 16 miles which took us about 1 1/2 hours. It was getting pretty hot outside when we got to the point of going on or going home. Going home seemed like the logical thing to do, though I would have kept going if James had wanted to, because that’s how I am..  It was a great ride and I look forward to doing the whole 30 miles some time soon, maybe this week! When we got home I had to peel my sweat soaked clothes off- I ate some yogurt with banana and almond butter and showered. Ah it felt so good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment